Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup (in less than 30 minutes!)
1/2 of medium onion, chopped
1 bag of egg noodles (you can use either medium or wide)
2 cans of cooked chunk chicken breast (I like the Tyson brand), strained
1 can of sliced carrots, strained
Chicken Bouillon cubes
Easy steps to homestyle, tasty goodness:
1) In a large soup pot, saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
2) Fill pot 2/3 full with hot water and add bouillon cubes (I usually use 3 or 4)- you could also use canned chicken broth.
3) Bring to a rolling boil and add bag of egg noodles.
4) Boil until noodles are tender (approx. 12-15 minutes), and stir occasionally.
5) Add carrots and chicken and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 more minutes. (I usually do a quick taste test here and add more seasoning if it needs it.)
6) Sprinkle parsley flakes on top and serve!!! (Don't skip out on the parsley flakes- it really adds to the "homestyle" look of the soup. I am discovering that you can put parsley flakes on an old tennis shoe and it will look appetizing! haha)
You gotta admit it looks yummy!
Gabriel likes the carrots and the noodles best...
Enzo likes the chicken best!
And Mommy loves that it's quick and cheap to make!! :)
Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!